Enchanted Rock is one of my favorite locations for engagement sessions or elopements in the Hill Country. As a Wedding Videographer in Austin, I always love to explore the beauty of Texas and the nature that it has. I think Enchanted Rock State Park located in Fredericksburg is perfect for adventurous couples looking to elope in or near Austin Texas.
I took Megan and Kalena to Enchanted Rock and they were both amazed by the gorgeous views! Enchanted Rock is a great place for hiking, sight seeing, and spending some time outdoors. Enchanted Rock will be your ideal elopement location:
(1) If you like outdoor activities;
(2) If you want to have an adventurous or a unique way to celebrate your big day;
(3) If you want to have an outdoor wedding or elopement, but you are not thrilled about a barn or farm wedding haha.
Simply put, if you want your wedding video and photos to be one of a kind then Enchanted Rock won’t let you disappoint!
Here are a few tips I’d like to share if you are considering eloping at Enchanted Rock:
1. The first and the most important thing to keep in mind is that you need to make a reservation for a day pass or camping on their website to enter the park. The parking space is limited there so unless you get there early enough, you will be asked to turn around!
2. Bring a pair of hiking boots or sneakers for hiking. For ladies, you can put your high heels/sandals and your bouquet in a backpack then take them out when we find the perfect spot to exchange vows.
3. Bring a water bottle. I know it’s common sense but there are no water fountains in the park.
4. I suggest we get to Enchanted Rock either early in the morning or 90 minutes before sunset because the lighting is perfect. Also, Enchanted Rock is usually less crowded during the weekdays.
5. Now let’s talk about the wedding dress. I would suggest the bride pick a dress that is lightweight such as a mermaid style or A-Line style dress. A Boho style dress is a great choice, too! Even though the classic Ball gown dress can make you look like a princess, but it is not a good choice for hiking at Enchanted Rock State Park…
Photographer: Tamara Merri Photography
Videographer: Matthew Reid Films
Calligraphy: Amanda Reid Designs
Location: Enchanted Rock State Park
Common FAQs for your elopement at Enchanted Rock State Park
1. How difficult is the hiking trail? I want my parents to be there with me, but I don’t know it is going to be too much for them?
I think it’s moderate, and it takes about 30-45 minutes to the summit. However, everyone’s physical condition is different. So I think if you live in Austin, you can go to Enchanted Rock State Park to check it out first. Or you can just shoot me a message to discuss more details! I have other locations that are also scenic and don’t require much hiking.
2. I am an outdoorsy person so I love the outdoors and adventurous elopements but what if it rains on my wedding day? Do you have other backup options or can we reschedule?
Honestly, I would say to just embrace the rain! I’m inspired and driven by nature and creation so believe it or not, rain can make your film or photos look very romantic! Plus, it usually doesn’t rain too long in Austin. So we surely can find some time between the rain.
3. I am from out of town. Do you have any recommendations for accommodations?
Yes. Take a look at my Airbnb recommendations. Those Airbnbs look so charming. CLICK HERE to check them out.
4. I am interested in getting photos and videos. Do you do photography?
Sorry, I don’t offer photography. Photography and videography are very different and require different knowledge and skills. I want to provide the best of the best experience for you by filming your elopement, so I am only specialized in videography. I can still give you some recommendations for photographers though!
For more information, please CONTACT ME. I will not only be your videographer but also your wedding planner and tour guide!
You can make a reservation to the park by CLICKING HERE.